A leaking roof is something all homeowners dread to see. But before we start getting into storm season, there are a few signs of potential problems with your roof that may result in the need for roofers in Flower Mound TX to come out and deal with it before it becomes a problem. Some of these signs are less obvious but result in lasting damage all the same.
• Algae and Mold: Algae and mold are found more often in warm and humid climates. Algae and mold might not evolve into a severe problem but could signify a leak and needs monitoring. If you have any doubts, have roofers in Flower Mound, TX come out and take a look.
• Buckling Shingles: Two scenarios generally cause this issue; the original roof installer applied the felt incorrectly, or you have movement on the roof deck. Either way, the roof is compromised, so it’s important to have professionals take a look at it.
• Curling Shingles: Water absorption or hot air in the attic can cause curling shingles. This issue is a sure sign that the roof is damaged and you need to call in the pros immediately.
• Damaged Flashing: Damaged Flashing is something that’s harder to spot. It will happen around your attic ventilation. Either the original roofers installed the flashing incorrectly, or the part is old and worn down. Damaged flashing can be a simple and easy fix, but you should have roofers in Flower Mound, TX take a look to make sure the rest of the roof is in good condition.
• Poor Attic Ventilation: If there is a lack of ventilation in the attic, hot air will get trapped in your attic and bake the roof’s shingles causing them to crack and break. Get roofers in Flower Mound, TX to come out to plan and install a ventilation system in your attic. A new ventilation system will also improve your air conditioner’s performance.
• Missing Shingles: Shingles typically are lost as a result of storms or high wind damage. This damage is usually a sign that the shingles were incorrectly fastened down. No matter where the shingles are missing or how many, missing shingles means your roof is no longer providing optimal protection of the home. The problem requires attention right away.
• Roof Rot: Roof rot happens when too much moisture is absorbed in the underlying mat of the roof and it’s more common to see in organic-based shingles.
• Ceiling or Roof Spots: The most obvious sign of a leak and the most dreaded are water spots on your ceiling. Any visible water spots indicate that water has gotten through the roof and is collecting in the ceiling. Further complicating matters is that the source of the leak may be farther than were the damage is due to water traveling down the rafters.
If you notice any of these warning signs or are unsure about the state of your roof, contact First Out Roofing (940) 227-4411, or visit us online. Make sure your roof is ready to go this storm season and keep the rain on the outside.
First Out Roofing | Roofers in Flower Mound TX | (940) 227-4411